I had never made scones before this morning, and they are my new favourite thing to make. I will never make muffins again!
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup apple sauce
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1/2 cup dried fruit (I like cranberries)
1/3 cup flax seeds
2/3 cup milk, plus 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry.
- Form the dough into a round. Slice in half, and then into pie shaped pieces.
- Spoon milk over pieces – I like to pour a lot of milk on, going a few drops at a time.
- Bake 15 minutes or until brown.
This morning we served them with mashed berries and homemade cream cheese, plus grilled grapefruit.