This is a great craft to do with a young toddler, because there is a lot that they can do themselves.
To make the Paper Bag Whale you will need . . .
- Paper Bag
- Elastic Band
- Scrap Paper (for filling)
- Blue construction paper
- Makers or other colouring tools
To make . . .
- Colour the paper bag
- Crumple scrap paper and stuff the bag, leaving a few inches empty at the top.
- Gather the top of the bag and secure with an elastic band.
- Cut strips of blue construction paper and make slices along one edge. Using a pencil roll each of the slices to make a curl.
- Roll the construction paper into a tube and layer as many as you would like.
- Glue the spout to the top of the bag.
- Cut fins from the blue construction paper and glue to the bottom of your whale
- Add eyes and a mouth, and you’re done!